Texas State Technical College is a two year technical college with a mission of strengthening Texas with a highly skilled technically competent workforce.
Serving Texas statewide, TSTC has 10 campuses located in Abilene, Breckenridge, Brownwood, Fort Bend County, Harlingen, Marshall, North Texas/Red Oak, Sweetwater, Waco and Williamson County.
In partnership with business, industry and state government, TSTC strives to meet the state's high tech challenges and employment demands. To that end, TSTC offers more than 170 associate of applied science degrees and certificates of completion with 60 percent of all programs consisting of hands on learning.
TSTC is one of the few colleges in the state of Texas that operates on a funding model based on student employment outcomes! The college recently announced a money back guarantee initiative for its top in demand programs including aviation.
In its 52 year history, TSTC has graduated well over 100,000 students into the Texas workforce. More information? Visit tstc.edu!
The Heart Of Texas Airshow location is on the TSTC Waco Campus Airport, previously known as James Connally Air Force Base.
TSTC has strong Military History as James Connally AFB which originally opened as a basic pilot training school known as Waco Army Airfield on May 5, 1942 and became headquarters for the Army Air Force Central Instructor's school February 1945. On June 10, 1949 the name was changed to Connally Air Force base in memory of Col James T. Connally a local pilot killed in Japan in 1945. By 1951 it was changed to James Connally AFB and pilot training was discontinued. Training for navigators, radar operators and bombardiers began. The Instrument Pilot Instructors school was moved to the base and trained instructor pilots from many allied nations. The school also trained officer pilots as radar operators and navigators to provide tripple-rated aircraft commanders for the rapidly growing fleet of B-47's. That program was discontinued in 1962.
The Air Force was sharing the base with the state of Texas by 1965 when James Connally Technical Institute, later renamed Texas State Technical Institute, was established. In January 1966 the Tactical Air Command assumed control of the base for headquarters of the Twelfth Air Force. The base was also being used by General Dynamics Corporation as a modification center for the B-58 bomber. The technical center provides many of the technicians for the project.
The Heart Of Texas Airshow is proud to provide proceeds toward scholarships at TSTC.
The TSTC Foundation supports TSTC campuses across the state. This support is used to help improve student success, strengthen the technology of labs and to provide flexibility to the priorities of the colleges in an ever changing Texas workforce.
The foundation supports the critical needs of students with scholarships, hardships, tools and equipment.
For more information about the TSTC Foundation please click here.